A position assisting companies establish and grow an e-commerce presence utilizing my wide-ranging internet skills and broad knowledge of emerging technologies while utilizing my extensive experience managing culturally diverse professional development teams.
Summary of qualifications
· Solid web site and e-commerce development and management experience.
· 20 Years systems development, management and project leadership experience.
· Extensive experience with web application development using Java, WebSphere, WSAD, AS/400, MQ Series, NT, IIS, JSP, JDBC, EJB, DB2 UDB, Struts, XML and Visual Age.
Lead Application Architect, J2EE and WebSphere On Assignment DaimlerChrysler Financial Services,
Core Technologies Team Leader F&I Pro and Truck Finance Asset Management.
The Core Technologies Team directs and participates in all research and development efforts, provides project design validation, oversees code reviews, assists with rollout planning and implementation, and mentors project team members on new technologies initiatives.
Guided infrastructure and development efforts for WAS 3.5 to 4.0 migration.
Direct network migration from single homed older technology network infrastructure to dual homed/dual location infrastructure to eliminate any single point of failure issues for our customers.
Senior Migration Tool Development Specialist On Assignment at Pir Group Inc.
HP3000 To AS/400 Migration Project, Developed database utilities for use in future migration projects.
Duplicate HP3o00 MPE intrinsic database calls on the AS/400 I-Series platform.
Senior Architect, Java and WebSphere Technologies On Assignment at First Data Resources
Merchant Web Enablement Project. Java, JSP, EJB, J2EE WSAD, CICS Connectors and WebSphere 4.
Worked with a large team of developers with various backgrounds bringing together multiple disciplines and technologies, pioneering First Datas re-architecture for web-based client interfaces.
Web and Java development team manager, Senior Architect, E-Commerce Applications
Senior Architect and lead developer for www.Renaissancecruises.com web site.
Implemented WebSphere, JSP, SQL, EJB, XML, JDBC, DB2, MQ Series, LDAP, Domino and IBM HTTP server including integration of legacy AS/400 Systems. Manage, train and mentor team of java application and legacy system engineers.
Environment: AS/400. WebSphere, Domino, EJB, JDBC, DB2, XML, Visual Age for Java and Visio.
Programmer/Analyst Lead architect and development lead on call center reservations systems update from 'green screen' to web browser based intranet application. Including prototyping, detail design, development, implementation, training and support.
· Established the cruise industries first consumer direct Internet reservation system.
· Prototyped and lead design and development of a browser based in house reservations update that required minimal changes to the legacy green screen system, saving the company an extensive system rewrite, reduced user training time by two thirds and significantly reduced agent turnover.
· Took over management and development efforts of an outsourced web site, bringing the development in-house, allowing Renaissance to keep the web site information current. Implemented procedures that increased web site uptime to 99% from 60%. Relocated the web servers from a west coast co-location to the Ft. Lauderdale corporate headquarters data center in preparation for new web site deployment.
· Oversaw implementation of new web site and tuned web server performance for 250% increase in response time. Diagnosed network problems from ISP to internal network that resulted in better performance and site response reliability.
· Implemented web site high availability project by upgrading existing AS/400 web server and utilizing a second high performance AS/400 web server with a Big-IP load balancing solution. This project was done 30% under budget.
March 1997 to July 1997: WorldData - Boca Raton, FL
Senior Programmer - AS/400 COBOL and Visual Basic, Short-term project involving data conversion and validation between multiple platforms utilizing Internet technologies.
July 1996 to March 1997: JasTech - Highland Beach, FL
Applications Development Specialist - On assignment at Office Depot.
and internet e-commerce system using Visual Basic and AS/400 COBOL.
January 1995 to June 1996: Capitol Assurance Services - Coral Gables, FL
Project Leader, Information Systems
In charge of ongoing development and user support of several insurance applications and automation/PC integration projects including:
· Automatic PC to AS/400 system integration.
· Department of motor vehicle reporting system.
· Policy application tracking and reporting.
· New company wide menu and security system.
March 1993 to January 1995: Adia Information Technologies - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Senior Applications Development Specialist - On assignment at Ryder Truck Rental.
Development and support of truck rental and leasing systems including:
· Lease billing systems.
· Rental counter systems
· Revenue control system.
· Customer rates systems.
· Systems PC/Mainframe interface.
· Rental unit mileage tracking and analysis.
August 1992 to March 1993: Brannon & Tully - Norcross, GA
Consultant, IBM AS/400 COBOL
Software development for an insurance software company including installation automation.
March 1991 to August 1992: Software Alternatives, Inc./CD Group - Norcross, GA
Consultant, IBM AS/400 COBOL
· New development of cash inventory system for the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
· Mainframe CICS COBOL conversions and systems rewrites to native AS/400 COBOL.
February 1989 to March 1991: Access To Information - Glen Ellyn, IL
Programmer Analyst, IBM AS/400 COBOL
· Continued enhancement and maintenance of a WANG VS COBOL to Native AS/400 COBOL conversion product written in AS/400 COBOL.
· Develop, maintain and support a CICS to AS/400 conversion aid.
· Supervise in house conversion teams.
· Customer installations, training, setup and support.
· In house systems and new product development using AS/400 COBOL, screen and file DDS including subfile processing, command language programs and AS/400 Query language.
· Custom design and development of new client information systems for nation wide pension plan administration tracking and disbursements.
May 1985 to February 1989: Davis And Goerling - Lombard, IL
Programmer Analyst - Project Manager
Design and development of custom client information systems including implementation, training and support. Client hardware consisted of WANG VS and DEC VAX. All systems were designed to be fully integrated structured COBOL programs using modular coding style.
January 1983 to May 1985: Products For Power - Addison, IL
Programmer - Wang VS COBOL Manufacturing, accounting and inventory systems.
PTI WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) March 2002
5 Day in house class On WSAD Concepts and advanced enterprise topics. Covering DB2 access thru EJB and JDBC. Included page design using JSP and XML.
IBM eServer iSeries (AS/400) Technical Conference September 2001
5 Day seminar of 2 hour sessions covering Java, EJB, JDBS, XML, XSL, Project management and much more.
Verisign Checkpoint Firewall-1 August 2000
5-day certification course on rule configuration and NAT.
IBM Education Series November 1999
2-Day MQ Series Administration Course.
IBM Solutions 99 July 1999
5 Days of 1-2 hour intensified courses in Java, VisualAge for Java, WebSphere, DB2, JDBC and XML.
IBM on site education
April 1999 Two Weeks Lotus Notes development Training.
June 1998 - Two Weeks of on site training in advanced Java and VisualAge for Java.
Common April 1998
One week of seminars and labs in Java programming and DB2 database design.
Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL - June 1996
Java Script Course
College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, IL
Course outline included data processing with COBOL, C, Assembler, and RPGII.
DAVEA - DuPage Area Vocational Education Authority, Addison, IL
Two years of technical training in programming skills, computer operations and systems design as well as language courses in advanced COBOL, Basic and Assembler.